ST. LOUIS (USBWA) – The U.S. Basketball Writers Association has released its 2014-15 Men's All-District Teams, based on voting from its national membership of 900-plus. The USBWA has selected All-District Teams since the 1956-57 season, its founding year.
For each of the nine geographic districts, ten players are selected (11 in the case of ties) as well as a player and coach of the year. Four schools – Gonzaga (Kyle Wiltjer and Mark Few), Kentucky (Willie Cauley-Stein and John Calipari), Northern Iowa (Seth Tuttle and Ben Jacobson) and Wisconsin (Frank Kaminsky and Bo Ryan) – can boast the honor of having the district player and coach of the year. Villanova's Jay Wright (District II) and Tony Bennett (District III) have earned back-to-back District Coach of the Year honors.
Following is the entire region-by-region listing:
• Mon., March 16: Men's All-America teams announced
• Tues., March 17: Wayman Tisdale Freshman of the Year and Freshman All-America Team announced
• Mon., March 23: Henry Iba Coach of the Year announced
• Mon., March 30: Women's All-America team announced
• Fri., April 3: Oscar Robertson Player of the Year announced (Indianapolis)
• Tues., April 14: Presentation of the Integris Wayman Tisdale Freshman of the Year Award, the Henry Iba Coach of the Year Award and the Oscar Robertson Player of the Year Trophy at the Devon Energy College Basketball Awards Gala in Oklahoma CityThe U.S. Basketball Writers Association was formed in 1956 at the urging of then-NCAA Executive Director Walter Byers. Today, it is one of the most influential organizations in college basketball. For more information on the USBWA and its All-District teams, contact executive director Joe Mitch at 314-795-6821.
• Recent past All-District Teams: 2013-14 | 2012-13 | 2011-12 | 2010-11 | 2009-10 | 2008-09 | 2007-08 | 2006-07| 2005-06 | 2004-05 | 2003-04