Parents PledgeI pledge to follow the Christian Basketball Youth Association (CBYA) Code of Conduct, to provide a positive environment while teaching the fundamentals in basketball to all youth participating in the CBYA. To adhere to the grade appropriate rules of the CBYA and administer them with professionalism and in the best interests of the children involved.
Code of Conduct:
Code of Conduct:
- To lead by example in demonstrating sportsmanship and fairness to all players and ensuring communication to all parties including players, parents, referees, coaches, league directors, and administrators is done in a respectful manner.
- I will not yell at or degrade my team or the other team’s players, coaches, fans or officials and place emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child’s coach abide by the “Participation Rule” to give all players the opportunity to play and require that my child’s coach uphold the Coaches Code of Ethics.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events will remembering that the game is for youth not adults and do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability.
- I understand that if I do not conduct myself in a positive and supportive manner that the League Director and/or the CBYA may terminate or suspend my involvement and or my child’s involvement as necessary.
- To continually build a positive environment for players, parents, coaches, referees, and fans regardless of social stature by keeping “team spirit” as a focus for the growth and development of each player, creating “wholeness of being”, patience, humility and charity.